Dulwich Hill Public School is proud have a canteen managed by the School P&C. It is staffed by a Canteen Manager, who is assisted by parent volunteers.
- The canteen follows the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy.
- The Canteen is open every weekday 8.30 – 9.15am, every lunchtime and every recess.
- Lunch orders are taken at 8.30 – 9.15am at the canteen. Students who attend Outside School Hours Care in the mornings can place an order by filling out a lunch order bag (available in the Camp Australia room) and enclosing money.
- If a student forgets to bring lunch to school, the canteen will provide a sandwich and a piece of fruit. The student will receive a note advising parents that this has occurred with a request to reimburse the canteen.
Volunteering in the canteen
Community volunteers are essential to the running of the canteen and are warmly welcomed. Canteen shifts are:
- 8:30am – 9:30am: Taking orders
- 9:30am -10:30am: Making sandwiches
- 11:00 – 12:30pm: Preparing for and serving lunch
If you are able to spare an hour please call into the canteen or email firstname.lastname@example.org