The library is the heart of the school community. The library runs a book parade, a read-a-thon and book week celebrations, participates in an Indigenous Book Swap and holds a Scholastic Book Fair.
Our Library Philosophy:
- Children learn best when their natural curiosity about the world is stimulated.
- Our Library Aims:
- To create a safe, engaging and inviting environment where children enjoy learning.
- To provide quality literature for students of Dulwich Hill Public School.
- To fill the library with stories for all tastes.
- Library staff welcomes feedback from students, parents and teachers and the community.
- Computer research involves teaching students to be astute users of information.
- In the library online tools have been used for presentations but always with strict guidelines about cyber safety.
The library is popular at lunchtime for various activities including socialising, reading, colouring and computers.
Around the school
No child will be turned away from school
25 Mar 2020 The NSW Department of Education’s advice regarding schools is very clear. No child in NSW will be turned away from school. Schools will remain open for parents who want their children to attend irrespective of their profession or working arrangements. The decision to keep schools open Read more
New COVID-19 restrictions begin as schools move towards online learning
23rd March, 2020 The NSW Government has taken significant new steps to increase restrictions across the state – triggering the next level of enforcement necessary to fight COVID-19. Following the decisions made by National Cabinet, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian confirmed the shutdown to protect NSW citizens. “I understand many Read more