The library is the heart of the school community. The library runs a book parade, a read-a-thon and book week celebrations, participates in an Indigenous Book Swap and holds a Scholastic Book Fair.
Our Library Philosophy:
- Children learn best when their natural curiosity about the world is stimulated.
- Our Library Aims:
- To create a safe, engaging and inviting environment where children enjoy learning.
- To provide quality literature for students of Dulwich Hill Public School.
- To fill the library with stories for all tastes.
- Library staff welcomes feedback from students, parents and teachers and the community.
- Computer research involves teaching students to be astute users of information.
- In the library online tools have been used for presentations but always with strict guidelines about cyber safety.
The library is popular at lunchtime for various activities including socialising, reading, colouring and computers.
Around the school
PBL Relaunch BBQ
PBL Relaunch BBQ – Volunteers needed! Do you love to BBQ? Can you spare some time between 11:30-1:30 next Tuesday 18th February? Please email email@example.com ASAP and let me know of your availability to cook sausages for all our students, to help kick-off the PBL relaunch. BYO Read more
Year 1 Bake Sale for Drought Affected Communities
On Monday the 9th of December, Year 1 had a bake sale to raise money for drought and bushfire affected communities. There were lots of cakes donated so thank you to all those families. There was lemon cake, butter cake, cupcakes, jelly cups, butter filled macaroons, biscuits, sponge rolls, spring Read more