We can help you with enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year. Our enrolment policy gives priority to students living within the school’s enrolment boundaries.

Students who live outside the local area may be enrolled at the school as long as there are places available, or in exceptional circumstances. Decisions regarding enrolment are made by the school’s enrolment committee.

Enrolment Map

Enrolling in Kindergarten

Children can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 31 July in that year. All children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday. Enrolments for Kindergarten are taken the year before the child starts school. Because students start new work in their new class at the beginning of the school year, it would be an advantage for your child both socially and educationally, to start school as soon as possible in the new year.

If you would like to enrol at Dulwich Hill Public School please complete the Application to enrol in a NSW public school. You will also need to provide the following documentation prior to your child starting school:

  • Birth certificate or passport
  • Complete Immunisation certificate
  • Proof of residential address, (eg original copies of council rates notice, lease agreement, electricity account, statutory declaration etc)

Students from overseas will need to bring their passports and visas when enrolling. Special conditions may exist for some visa-holders.

Enrolling later in Primary School

If your child is already enrolled in another school, contact us to discuss the enrolment procedures and obtain the necessary paperwork.

If your child has a temporary visa or visitor visa you will first need to apply to enrol by contacting the temporary residents program who will give you forms to bring to the school.

Enrolment Appointments

For your enrolment appointment, if your child has not been previously enrolled in a New South Wales public school, bring these documents with you:

  • your child’s birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of address – originals of documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
  • immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register
  • family law or other relevant court orders if applicable
  • transfer certificate

If your child is not a citizen or permanent resident you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable)

It is important to tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school.

After your appointment with us, you may be asked to complete an application to enrol in a NSW public school form and return it to us. We will notify you of the result of your application. This form must be completed in English. Help is available for parents who do not read English. There are also translations of the enrolment application  available.

You might like to use our school locator to research regular and special schools which have specialist classes. It is important to be aware that placement outside of our school will need to be done with the assistance of our regional team.


Around the school

Thumbnail for PBL Relaunch BBQ

PBL Relaunch BBQ

PBL Relaunch BBQ – Volunteers needed! Do you love to BBQ? Can you spare some time between 11:30-1:30 next Tuesday 18th February? Please email niki.pavlis@det.nsw.edu.au ASAP and let me know of your availability to cook sausages for all our students, to help kick-off the PBL relaunch. BYO Read more

Thumbnail for Year 1 Bake Sale for Drought Affected Communities

Year 1 Bake Sale for Drought Affected Communities

On Monday the 9th of December, Year 1 had a bake sale to raise money for drought and bushfire affected communities. There were lots of cakes donated so thank you to all those families. There was lemon cake, butter cake, cupcakes, jelly cups, butter filled macaroons, biscuits, sponge rolls, spring Read more